Category 6 - Creating And Sending Letters To The Incarcerated Loved One
It is important to understand that every correctional facility is regulated by certain set of internal rules that are subject to change at any time without notice.
All non-privileged inmate mail (general mail from family and friends) is subject to review and approval by the prison mailroom staff before distribution to the inmate(s). TextBehind® Service cannot deliver any communication to the inmates directly. Therefore, delivery confirmation to the inmate and guarantee does not apply.
TextBehind® Service prints and ships all letters every 24 hours using various shipping methods as described in HELP TOPICS - TOPIC 6.2. Once shipped, the Service Delivery by TextBehind, Inc. is deemed complete.
Delivery of the communication contents to the inmate is completed only by the prison mailroom staff. TextBehind® Service does not control or influence postal service or prison mailroom staff in their standard process and timeframe. The following non-permissible items will likely cause rejection of your correspondence to the inmate:
- Gang affiliation signs
- Threats, violence
- Alcohol, smoking
- Illegal activity
- Substance abuse
- Text contents containing threats, gang affiliation, illegal activity information or credit card numbers.
Additional reasons your mail may be rejected or delayed:
1) If the institution is accepting basic 6x4" postcards only and rejects all standard mail
2) If the institution is accepting electronic email messages to the kiosks and tablets only
3) If the institution is under lock down.
4) If your loved one is under disciplinary segregation
5) If your loved one is not permitted to receive mail for any reason
6) If your inmate is no longer in custody at that institution where mail was originally sent to
For more information please go to https://www.textbehind.com/legal