TOPIC 5: Creating and Sending Letters to the Incarcerated Loved One(s)
TextBehind® accepts all major credit and debit card type such as MasterCard, VISA, Discover and so on. Please note that TextBehind® can neither APPROVE or DECLINE your transaction. When you submit a transaction, the system sends this request directly to your bank. The approval decision is made by your card issuing bank.
One of the most frequently occuring reasons that may cause your transaction to be declined by your bank is:
NOMATCH CVV2/CVC2/CID No Match
This means that the 3 or 4-digit security code you entered for the card, it didn't match the records that your card issuing bank has on file. A card may also be declined if you continue to hit SUBMIT repeatedly after the card was first declined 1-2 times. This repeated behavior may be flagged by your bank as suspicious or fraudulent attempt or misuse and may result is blocking your card for some time. At which point you may need to call your card issuing bank to verify your identity and so that they can unblock your card for use.
1) Please also note that even when a transaction is declined by your bank, the amount of the transaction is still withheld by your bank for up to 2 business days before its released back to your bank account. This is generally a standard industry practice.
2) For every sucessful transaction, the merchant name that will appear on your bank statement will be "TextBehind" or "TextBehind Inc".
Therefore, if your card is declined more than 2 times, please do the following:
- Please check the accuracy of the card information you’re entering. Make sure you’re entering name on the card, card number, expiration date and security code from the back of your card correctly.
- Please make sure you’re entering the correct billing address for the card. This address may NOT be the same as your current mailing address. Call your card issuing bank to verify the billing address.
- If your card is declined multiple times, please call your bank using the phone number provided at the back of every credit/debit card and validate the information you’re entering. They will also be able to advise if you card is having any other issues.